Friday, February 16, 2007

Deceitfulness of Wealth

The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful
Matthew 13:22

I recently took some time to catch up with some of Rob Bell's sermons. One of them was about, among other things, the deceitfulness of wealth. This is something I don't really think about all that often but it's something that I deal with. Just when I think I have it dealt with in one area of my life is sneaks into another area. The deceptiveness is that little voice that says, "If I just had a little more...". I know that more is not better, any one who knows me, knows that this is very important to me. But over the past few months this attitude has been finding it's way into my mind. I don't need more stuff, and I don't want to store stuff up, but I've found myself doing both recently. Agh!

No comments: