Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Technologies....

Okay so I did it!!!! I finally, bought an HDTV. Here's the lowdown on one of the niftier toys out there.

1. HD does look amazing! However you really only get to enjoy it a percentage of the time. The only time you have Full HD signal "over the air" is national newscasts, prime time, and most sporting events.

2. The signal is only as good as the source... Rule 2b of video production. Most of the time what you get is upsampled 480i. If it's a digital source it still looks good, if it's off an analog tape...not so much.

3. I don't know if it's just the model I bought or what, but DVD looks really really good. Mind you, the pixelization is still an issue, but the contrast ratio is out of this world!

4. It makes for an awesome computer monitor! Yagi is now permanently attached to the HD system. That'll make races a little more interesting, no?

5. Over the air Dolby Digital is nice.

6. Joost, need I say more?

No comments: