Thursday, December 15, 2005

Apple, Intel, Yonah and Viiv

Okay I admit it. I'm a mac head!
Though my fondness for the Steve is wearing a little thin these days, I still love the product.
Anyway, today Intel announced Yonah. Yonah is simply a dual core mobile CPU. They also put out some more specs for the Viiv Media Center platform as well.
Suddenly Apple's move to Intel is making a little more sense. Th eApple iBook and Powerbook could both get dual core CPUs. The mac mini and iMac can get Viiv chipset creating a media center Mac. Imagine this, an iMac with a digital media in/out/thru interface. Then the mac becomes a DVR, Source switch, and player. Combine that with AirPort and AirPort Express. Then digital media can go wireless. That would be sweet!

Geek out!!!!

I need to get back to work.

No comments: