Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Okay, if two wasn't enough!

Is that right? Is wasn't even a word? I think it should be weren't, but that dosn't look right. Agh, proper english sucks anyway, no attitude. Anyway, this is the third blog for today, I'm going for a record and making up for the lack of entries for the last week.

For this one I think I'll talk about The Screwtape Letters. One of those "impossible gifts" I was talking about was a little known recording of The Screwtape Letters read by none other than John Cleese. Somehow my sister managed to get a copy and I am very greatful.

It's strange, but this is one of those few books that I can really relate to, and I think any one could to it if they were honest. I hope to post my complete thoughts about it once I've finished all of it. As for now, I've just got to say wow. This book is a must read, or listen, for anyone in their twentys and CS Lewis, as always, has hit the nail on the head.

It is a little awkward listening to a book I feel I should be reading. There are many points where I wish could write a few notes on the page, and re-reading a passage is so much easier than rewinding. I really do need to buy the book.

No comments: