Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Render Time

Let me tell you about one of the best and worst things about working in media...Render Time.
This is basicly when you put your computer on autopilot for a while to make something readable by everything. There is an art to it. It's a matter of knowing in advance what you are going to use it for, in what program, for how long. There to major output files I use, however, within those files there are endless options and combinations that determine compatibility quality and size. And that, my friends, is one of my favorite parts of video production. The sucky part is the wait. I mean, sure, I don't have to think about anything for a few minute or a few hours, but it still feels like it takes forever.

Patience is important in life. It's all about knowing what to do and when to do it. The best things are the things you wait for. But NEVER let the waiting become an exuse for inaction. That is the risk of patience, lazyness. While waiting, always be considering your next move, so when the time comes you can act quickly and decisively. And if that time doesn't come, take a risk and move anyway, or take another kind of risk and make a new plan. Be alet, sometimes that moment of opportunity will only last a few seconds, be prepared for it.

Movie & Music moment:
So what have I been listenting to recently???
-Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself
-Chris Thile- Deceiver
-Deep Dish- George is On
-Armin Von Burren- Shivers
-Caedmon's Call- Share the Well
-Rent - Film Soundtrack
-Flunk- Morning Star

So what have I been Watching?
-The Animatrix
-The Chronicles of Narnia
-Kill Bill
-The Fugitive
-Moulin Rouge
-Lots of movie trailers (Tristam Shandy, X-Men 3, Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World)

I'm getting bored now, I'd better stop before I give out mt Credit Card number and PIN :)

No comments: