Monday, January 29, 2007

Interesting...

I'm feeling a surprising level of peace right now. I just looked out the window, and instead of thinking, "Oh man, I've got to brush off the car AGAIN!" I thought, "wow, that's looks really neat". The whole day has been like that. It's been a little weird.

But I noticed something again today, tell me if I'm wrong. It seems that the purpose of the media is to instill panic and fear. And when it's not doing that, it's trying to convince us we have no right to feel good. I mean really here, do we really need to know the latest thing that may or may not kill us? Do we really need to be convinced that tomorrow will be doomsday? Should we be convinced that the lessons of yesterday have no application to the future unless they have something to do with failure and/or misery?

It's good to know what is going on in the world, but there MUST be some good out there? I'd hate to think that the only diversion from the harsh world is sports and entertainment. That's another thing... why do we need entertainment news? Is celebrity all that important? Why should the morals of a sociey be implied by an elite controlled by the PR gods? People and Sports Illustrated... is there a difference?

Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.
For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil.
Ecc. 12:13-24

Amen

1 comment:

Holly o:) said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. It seems like all the news and media does is tell us about the next crisis, or the current murder trial going on, never anything good. At least, not until they do a special "people" story and tell you about some person who did some good thing, but the second the story is over, it's back to the disheartening news. That's why I don't particularly like watching the news. I've got enough crap in my life, I don't really need to watch more.