Friday, January 05, 2007

A weather post

Okay I know there's nothing new about this. But this spring in January thing is really getting on my nerves! I don't believe in Global Warming, that is too simple. However, I do believe we are experiencing Climate change. For the next few years I'm expecting a more moderate climate in this area. Or at least that's the way the past few years have been going. Remember 2006's cold summer? Basically, I think the difference between winter and summer may become less drastic. Give it 20-30 years and we should be back to "normal".
Global warming is scare tactic, it's too simplistic to say things are getting warmer in general. In reality, different climate zones are experiencing different things. I'm waiting for the day when the news people will start to report on this.
Do I support, going to non-gas and hybrid cars? Yes. But such changes should be driven by the market and quality innovation, not the government telling auto makers what to do. Though tax incentives on those purchaces are nice :) I think the demand for the uber SUV is becoming niche. As the quality of hybrid increase we will see demand low-emission/ no emission continue to grow.
Do I support clean air / clean water? Yes. But again, I don't want to see anything that will harm our economic system due to rushed, unreasonable, and irresponsible over-regulation. Or hypocritical international regulation from the UN.

No comments: